Thursday, May 22, 2008

Workshop in France Coming Up!



Things are buzzing around my studio as I try to complete some works that are on the easels! This is an oil painting of Tuscany. I loved the broom growing on the hill and views of the vineyards. A lot of the areas remind me of the hills around N Ga and Tennessee. From Tuscany last summer to central France this coming week, I truly enjoy traveling and creating sketches and small plein air paintings. (Tuscan View, oil on canvas, 36 x 36, available)

Once back in the studio, I can select from my resources and create larger works. A watercolor sketch of the farmhouse where I stayed last summer became a 4 ft x 4 ft oil painting. I am looking forward to the trip ahead and staying at La Bonne Etoile in Fontaine-Fourches, about an hour south-east of Paris. After my week alone, a group of five students will arrive for two weeks to paint the countryside. It will be a wonderful place for the group to be introduced to painting on-site! I will keep you posted on our adventures in France!

Au Revoir!

Durinda

No comments: